Euroseeds is looking for a Manager Communications to join the Euroseeds General Secretariat’s team in Brussels, Belgium.
Euroseeds is the voice of the European seed sector, representing the interests of those active in research, breeding, production and marketing of seeds of agricultural, horticultural and ornamental plant species. With more than 36 national member associations from EU Members States and beyond, Euroseeds represents several thousand seed businesses, as well 67 direct company members, including from seed related industries.
The Manager Communications will work closely with the Euroseeds membership and as part of the Euroseeds Policy Team, under the guidance of the Secretary General to whom he/she will be reporting. The Manager Communications will be responsible for the further strategic development and implementation of the association’s communication strategy, supporting its outreach, advocacy and lobbying work. He/she will coordinate the development of communications outputs on different policy areas with relevant colleagues. The Manager will also be responsible for and lead the work of Euroseeds’ dedicated Working Group on Communication and support specific related activities of other Euroseeds bodies.
- Planning and implementing communication activities: digital and offline (e.g. newsletters, press releases, brochures)
- Managing and further developing the Euroseeds corporate website and related sub-websites (web publishing, content and layout, monitoring)
- Managing Euroseeds’ social media presence and activities
- Managing, developing and extending media relations; organising press briefings, media monitoring
- Coordinating communication activities with Euroseeds members and/or stakeholders and third parties
- Managing and leading the Euroseeds Working Group Communication (preparation of agendas, meeting management, minutes and follow-up)
- Supporting related discussions and coordination of communications outputs in other Euroseeds bodies
- Supporting the organisation of the Euroseeds Congress and related communication activities
- University education and work experience in communications or related field
- Work experience in relation to EU affairs and/or at international level (min. 2 to 4 years)
- Proven experience in producing clear and concise press releases, reports, newsletters, publications, power point presentations, etc.
- Excellent English writing skills (native level) and solid knowledge of French; other languages is a plus
- Experience with graphic design software; solid PC skills
- Solid experience with digital communication and website Content Management Systems (WordPress)
- Experience in EU agri-food chain issues and related communication is an asset
Personality and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, service-oriented
- Tactful in dealing with people, also under pressure
- Discretion, good judgment ability, flexibility and versatility
- Good organizational skills and management ability
- Team player with initiative but also able to work independently
- Curiosity and affinity to new technologies and tools
- Creative and innovative
Interested candidates should send their CV, highlighting the relevant experience to the job description, to email@example.com with “Euroseeds Manager COMM” as the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 30.09.2021
First selection round of individual interviews: between 5. and 13.10.2021
Second selection round of remaining candidates: between 27. and 29.10.2021
Starting date: earliest possible date